Monday 17 October 2011

Day 281: A lengthy process


              • Black skirt: H&M
              • Striped black shirt: Marks and Spencer
              • Black cardi: Gap
              • Black wedges: Clarks

This skirt is really the wrong length and if I was more proficient in sewing I would try to tackle it. The slit in the back and the fact that it is made from lycra does put me off from giving it a go.

I had high hopes for my week off last week, to get back into an exercise regime and make the most of having the days to myself. For various reasons it just did not happen however, I did think about it a lot and how I could motivate myself to get moving. I have always harboured a romantic notion to be a runner. Not necessarily an athlete or a marathon runner but someone who can easily throw on some running shoes and head off out for a run. Someone who enjoys the freedom and the pounding of the streets. But I have never been good at it. Even when I was young and very fit from swimming and ballet I just could not find the pleasure in it or the stamina. I believe I am not really built that way and these days I have a dodgy knee (probably caused by the ballet). So during my week off I did some research to see if I could become a runner and how could I go about it. I discovered a website and an app for my phone which will train me from the couch potato that I am to running a 5k in 9 weeks. Will it work? We shall see. And if I lose some lbs along the way then all to the good as I am also going to try to eat healthily. Today was the first day and I headed off to the gym for my first session of interval training on the treadmill. I had to run for one minute intervals with walking in between. I am ashamed to say that I found running for one minute to be really tough but I felt good after the session. I have a long way to go and fear this will be a lengthy process!

No comments:

Post a Comment