Tuesday 27 September 2011

Day 261: Hair 1 Outfit 0


            • Purple top: George @Asda
            • Pink cardi: Debenhams
            • Grey trousers: Marks and Spencer
            • Black pumps: Clarks

This was one of those outfits which you know is wrong almost as soon as it is on. As I left the house I felt uncomfortable, I felt frumpy and it just affected my mood for the rest of the day, and there is nothing that can be done. I just seem to have fallen out of style with my work trousers. In saying that my hair was working for me at least!

Today was the first day of a dressmaking course that I am taking over the next 18 weeks. I am a frustrated fashion designer and an avid Project Runway/Catwalk fan so I have high aspirations.  I often have ideas of clothes I am looking for and can never find so if I can create my own clothes then that would be amazing. I also want to be able to tailor my clothes and adjust them so I can make my wardrobe work harder and once I am shopping again open up the world of vintage shopping. I took a similar short course a couple of years ago but for various reasons did not learn very much or gain any confidence to go for it by myself. I did however meet a lovely kindred spirit and we amused ourselves greatly by examining each others work and saying 'Talk to me' in our best Tim Gunn impersonations.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment