Friday 10 June 2011

Day 152: FBFF Summer trends



              • Pink cardi: East
              • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
              • Stripey lst: Gap
              • Pumps: Primark
              • Necklace: H&M

Love these shoes - they are my little nod to Chanel.

It is Fashion Beauty Friend Friday again and today's topic is Summer Trends. 

I feel that I have talked a lot about this topic recently. Katy posed a similar post topic on Spring trends back in early April and I discussed both the Spring and Summer season trends. Since then I have been trying to recreate them with the items I have in my own wardrobe. I still have a few to do but there are some broader themes beyond clothing styles I am keen to try.

Colour- bright colours, colour blocking and colour clashing are key looks of the Summer and the colour palette features jewel tones, citrus and aqua hues. I have an ongong battle with colour and I plan to embrace colour over the season and be bold.

Accessories - belts are big for summer and I have a bit of a love hate relationship with belts. I own a lot but wear them rarely and mainly for the function for which they were invented - holding up my breeks . I find they fight with my curves, however I do think that at time my outfits have a little something missimg and belts may be the answer. I am going to try and work them in to more looks throughout the Summer.

Beauty - make up colours reflect the bright colours of the season. I don't spend as much time on my make up as I used to and whilst I used to be experimental with colours for eyes and lips I haven't done that so much lately. I vow to wear colour top to toe.

Hair - I have been growing my hair for the last year and have had it at this length in the past but I never grow it much beyond this length. I intend to persevere with growing it and I am keen to try out some up dos to reflect the catwalk top knots and braided styles of the summer.

Summer - Now we just need the weather to catch up to the fact that it is supposed to be Summer!

5 comments:

  1. Summer is a great time to experiment with colour I think :)

    Love the shoes too - every gal needs a pair like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too wish the weather would finally agree that it is summer time and act accordingly! It was almost 100* here the other day and now it is just over 60* - what is going on?! - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tips for summer trends. Colors are the way to go. I like your purple cardi and shoes. I think u look fabulous in colors!

    Love, Mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It appears as though we may have something in common with our 2011 goal. I'm also on a shopping hiatus this year.

    ReplyDelete