Sunday 19 June 2011

Day 161: Spring/Summer 2011 trend challenge - Colour blocking

So not only is this Day 2 of the 30 for 30 challenge but it has also presented me with the opportunity to create another look as part of my Vogue challenge to create all their key Spring/Summer 2011 trends from the clothes I already have in my wardrobe, since I'm banned from shopping.

Today I am creating my 9th look and it is one of the biggest key trends of the season - colour blocking. This is one of the biggest challenges for me as colour is not within my comfort zone although I am trying hard to rectify that.



Vogue UK's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk report


            • Purple T: Gap
            • Red trousers: Gap
            • Black wedges: Clarks
            • Black beads: Primark

I tend to fall in to the default option of mixing colour with black which is lazy and can cheapen the colour so this is a brave look for me, however maybe the black accessories are showing I still have some fear. 

My fringe is getting so long that I have gripped it back today so need to go and get a trim this week. 

I think I have proven in the case of Lori's Wardrobe versus colour blocking that a look featuring one of the season's key trends can be created without a visit to the High Street.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment