Saturday 18 June 2011

Day 160: 30 for 30 part 2

I was really pleased to hear that Kendi was launching another 30 for 30 challenge as I enjoyed the last one and feel my little shopping ban is due a little boost. I was even more pleased to hear that she has relaxed the rules somewhat. The premis is basically the same in that you have to pick 30 items from your wardrobe and wear only those 30 items for the next 30 days, therefore creating 30 looks and no shopping. I stuck to the challenge pretty religiously last time and by the end of the 30 days I was pretty desperate for it to end. This time it is not so  rigid and there can be flexibility in approach to suit each participant. I am determined to do a 30 day remix and use the 30 items I have chosen in this but I may not  do it for 30 days straight. Last time I had to map out all the events I had over the month and choose items accordingly which was quite limiting and I also had no breaks. This time I am going to attempt it a slightly more leisurely pace.

After much deliberation here are my chosen 30 items, although I appear to have 29 so I may allow myself one bonus item - like a wildcard I can play part through the challenge. Am I stretching the rules too far? Might be!


9 tops                                                                                       4 skirts



5 trousers                                                                               2 dresses


4 cardigans                                                                             5 shoes                              



I have tried where possible to choose different items than before and introduce more colours to try and push my remixing capabilities. Funny how despite the careful planning and even after laying everything out to be photographed, it is not until I have posted the images that I see I have chosen similar colour palettes and particularly the skirts and trousers which are pretty much identical hues.



          • Stripey lst: Gap
          • Linen trousers: Marks and Spencer
          • Scarf: Bazaar, Turkey
          • Suede shoe boots: Clarks

So here is outfit one and I woke this morning to find a major flaw with all my choices - torrential rain. The weather is ridiculous so I decided to spend the day indoors and dress like it was a lovely summers day. I am also desperately in need of a fringe trim so kirby grips saved the day.

1 comment:

  1. oh, I like the neutral palette in this first look. Look forward to what else you will do.

    ReplyDelete