Thursday 21 April 2011

Day 102: Spring/Summer 2011 trend challenge - 70s

Here is Round 2 of my challenge to  create all the key Spring/Summer 2011 trends from the clothes I already have in my wardrobe, since I'm banned from shopping.

Today I am recreating the 70s which I listed in my FBFF Spring into Summer post as one of the trends I was keen to try out. This season it is influenced by Annie Hall, Jerry Hall, Taxi Driver, Studio 54 and the glamorous photos of David Bailey. It is a difficult look to pull off without being too literal or costumey. So here goes....


Vogue UK's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk report

               

                


            • Blouse: H&M
            • Navy trousers: Marks and Spencer
            • Shoes: Peluso (Florence)
            • Fish necklace: Vintage
            • Belt: Marks and Spencer

This fish necklace actually belongs to my mum who lent it to me for a 70s party I was dressing up for many years ago and I have never actually given it back to her. It does seem costumey however, it depends how it is styled and I think it works with this look. I love these suede and raffia shoes partly because they bring back many happy memories of being in Florence and also because the wedge heels look like rice crackers.

I think I have proven in the case of Lori's wardrobe versus the 70s that the season's understated 70s trend can be created without a visit to the High Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment