Friday 22 April 2011

Day 103: Spring/Summer 2011 trend challenge - Smart Sportswear

Here is Round 3 of my challenge to  create all the key Spring/Summer 2011 trends from the clothes I already have in my wardrobe, since I'm banned from shopping.

Today I am recreating Smart Sportswear.



Vogue UK's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk report



            • Grey hoodie: Marks and Spencer
            • Grey lycra skirt: marks and Spencer
            • White T: H&M
            • Red shoes: Clarks

Sportswear is not something I feel particularly comfortable with as those who know me will contest. The rest of my family all appear to have the fleece appreciation gene but in me it is missing. It's not that I don't like sport, as I do, it is just that the clothing is too casual and generally uninspiring, it is unstructured and there is no place for heels and it just doesn't shout style or fashion at me.

With this look I did my best with what I own and my interpretation of it. I didn't follow Vogue's key tip to wear a slick centre parting, however.

Who knew this hooded top had reflected piping until the flash got at it!?!

In the case of Lori's wardrobe versus Smart Sportswear the jury's still out!

No comments:

Post a Comment