Saturday 23 April 2011

Day 104: Spring/Summer 2011 trend challenge - Blue

Wow three is a row - it's Round 4 of my challenge to create all the key Spring/Summer 2011 trends from the clothes I already have in my wardrobe, since I'm banned from shopping.

Today Blue is the hue. The catwalks were full of vibrant oceanic colours.


Vogue UK's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk report


            • Blue top: George @Asda
            • Skirt: H&M
            • Silver shoes: Marks and Spencer
            • Necklace: East

Other than denim my wardrobe is not particularly overrun with the colour blue and wearing it head to toe is quite a departure for me. The skirt is more of an aquamarine green colour but as this tone also featured heavily in the catwalk shows it was ideal to work in. The overall look is quite prim and if I had needed a top layer a denim jacket might have funked it up a bit.

I think I have proven in the case of Lori's wardrobe versus Blue that a look featuring one of the season's key hues can be created without a visit to the High Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment