- Pink jumper: Gap
- Grey cardigan: Gap
- Grey jeans: Marks and Spencer
- Black boots: Ugg Australia
I am off to London this morning, a trip I had in my mind when I chose my 30 for 30 items. Anticipating what the weather is going to do is like looking in to a crystal ball but hopefully I have every eventuality covered. I am so excited to spend time with my friends and we have so many fun things planned. I may not be able to post until after the weekend, but I will take the usual outfit shots. See you in a few days.
It's Friend Friday again which, hosted by the lovely Katy Rose, poses questions to fashion and beauty bloggers on a set subject and provides a forum to share the answers. This week we are talking about creating a unique blog.
1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
As I am quite new to blogging I haven't been tested too much on this yet however there have certainly been a number of events which appear in my inbox. I think the rule I really have to follow is to first and foremost be true to myself. If I am going to participate in an event then I want to put in the effort so if I know I won't have time or it is not something that excites me then I probably won't join in.
2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
So far, no I haven't, but I am sure there will come a time when I get swept along with something that maybe isn't for me. I think you need to know when to say no.
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
At the moment I have just been enjoying getting involved and making connections with people and haven't yet felt the need to put a unique spin on things. I want to be creative but true to myself and not gimmicky.
4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?
My blog has a specific purpose as it is documenting my year of no shopping, remixing my wardrobe and wearing a different look every day. This means it has a structure and a purpose each day and there is no hiding.
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
The email groups are great for checking in with how everyone is doing and passing on comments, I also like to check out the blogs even if I am not involved.