Saturday 19 February 2011

Day 41: Happy Birthday Mum


              • Grey Trousers: New Look
              • Purple top: M&Co
              • Black boots: Clarks

Today it was my Mum's birthday, and we had a lovely day out and went down the west coast for lunch out with the family.

The night before my Dad, sister and I went to the shops to buy Mum some presents and it was the first time I have been in clothing shops for any period of time since starting my year long shopping ban challenge. I really had to change my mindset and tell myself that I was there to shop for someone else and not myself and that seemed to get me through it relatively unscathed. Don't get me wrong there were occasions when I saw sale signs and all the new season's Spring fashions and felt ever so slightly anxious but I just focused on looking for things that Mum would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment