Thursday 14 July 2011

Day 186: Pattern clashing


              • Striped T: Gap
              • Navy cardi: Marks and Spencer
              • Skirt: H&M
              • Wedges: Clarks
              • Wooden beads: Primark

As soon as I picked my 30 for 30 items I was planning this outfit. I knew that it was a bit of a departure for me but that it had to be done. I wasn't sure whether the execution of it would match how it looked in my head as I worried about the pattern clashing and mixing the navy and the black on the skirt but I am very pleased with it. I think I need to take more risks and realise that in order to make an outfit work then I need to let go off some of my past rules and assumptions.
               
       

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful skirt. I think the pattern mixing most definitely works. I have tried it this year for the first time myself.

    ReplyDelete