Friday 22 July 2011

Day 194: Spring/Summer 2011 trend challenge - Eastern

I have now completed 12 looks of my Vogue challenge to create all their key Spring/Summer 2011 trends from the clothes I already have in my wardrobe, since I'm banned from shopping. I have five to go which are: gathering; flowing; white; tangerine and eastern.

Today I am creating an eastern inspired look.


Vogue UK's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk report




              • Pink jacket
              • Grey trousers: New Look
              • White lst: Matalan
              • Mules: George @Asda

I have had this little Chinese jacket for years and whilst it is really too small I was a bit stuck as to how to create an eastern look from the items in my wardrobe so on it went. I love the bright colour and the embroidered bird detailing is a really unusual touch. The mules are also very pretty however, unfortunately, they are pretty uncomfortable so I can't wear them for long walks.

I wish I had seen Kendi's scarf post before I created this look as the possibilities could be endless. How clever is that to create a little jacket from a tied scarf, I must try that out?

I think I have proven in the case of Lori's wardrobe versus eastern inspired style that this season's trend can be created without a visit to the High Street.

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful little jacket. I don't have a scarf big enough to make Kendie's scarf jacket, but I thought that was a neat trick when I saw it too.

    ReplyDelete