Saturday 30 July 2011

Day 202: Spring/Summer 2011 trend challenge - Gathering

This is the penultimate look for my Vogue challenge to create all their key Spring/Summer 2011 trends from the clothes I already have in my wardrobe, since I'm banned from shopping. Today the theme is gathering and I have incorporated a touch of this in to my outfit.

The gathered look is all about folds, pleats and gathers.


Vogue UK's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk report



              • White blouse: Marks and Spencer
              • Peach cami: Marks and Spencer
              • Grey jeggings: Marks and Spencer
              • Silver pumps: Primark
              • Heart necklace: Next

I actually did not plan to try and create a look to fit this key trend today I just got dressed as normal and then realised the gathered detail on the blouse might just count. I was expecting this look to really test me but I sort of lucked in to it.

It was a beautiful day, really warm and sunny however as it wasn't forecast to stay that way I put together this look to meet any weather eventuality. The sun shone, however, and I was rather hot walking around town. These jeggings are rather tight and don't have much give in them and I have rarely worn them as I think the light colour is unforgiving and I only put them on today as the shirt was long enough to cover my modesty. I felt ok for most of the day but late in the afternoon I was walking through the gardens and I swear I caught someone eyeing my thighs with a rather distasteful look on their face. Now I usually fly under the radar and am not normally one to be effected by others but I got a rather nasty dose of the paranoias. I then felt sure that I caught a few more looks and catching sight of myself in shop windows I just wanted to get home so I could change. I haven't had a crisis in confidence in a long time and it didn't feel good. Whilst I liked the look I am not sure how quickly I will get back in to these trousers again and maybe they should be more of an undergarment item!

I have one more look to go - flowing.

I think in the case of Lori's Wardrobe versus gathers that whilst I didn't wear it head to toe this season's trend can be created without a visit to the High Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment