Saturday 9 July 2011

Day 181: Spring/Summer 2011 trend challenge - Layering

For the second day in a row I am creating a look for my Vogue challenge to create all their key Spring/Summer 2011 trends from the clothes I already have in my wardrobe, since I'm banned from shopping.

Today I have created the layering trend which is about giving a new lease of life to old items through multi-layering.

Vogue UK's Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk report


              • White lst: Matalan
              • Purple T: Gap
              • Grey trousers: New Look
              • Shoes: Primark
              • Beads: East

Living in the Scottish climate Iayering is something I am very familiar with and often an essential part of daily dressing. This particular trend however is more about layering light and sheer fabrics whereas I have recreated it using items from my 30 choices which unfortunately don't quite fit this ideal. Chiffon and flowing fabrics don't feature much in my wardrobe which is probably in part due once again to the climate. Still I like the look I have created and it is definitely bringing new life to these items.

I think in the case of Lori's wardrobe versus layering that the jury is still out.

1 comment:

  1. You could easily add a sheer layer to this...though it is fine as is. I know I've tried to shop for some sheer layers...but I've never been very happy with the resulting look.

    ReplyDelete