Tuesday 2 August 2011

Day 205: In and out



          • White T: Matalan
          • Grey trousers: Marks and Spencer
          • Pink cardi: Debenhams
          • Boots: Clarks
          • Necklace: Primark
          • Linen coat: East

I don't often post images of my outerwear so I thought I would today to show off my coat. Outerwear is generally a necessity for all occasions, year round living in Scotland and I must confess it can be an afterthought rather than a well thought out part of my outfit. A jacket, coat or cardi is essentially an extra layer to keep out the elements and is as much functional as it is a style statement. I have put a lot of thought in to my coat type purchases over the years and you won't be surprised to hear I own a lot of items. I do try to find the right jacket to go with my outfit where possible and this coat has been great as it goes with pretty much everything.
 
I got this coat a couple of years ago and it was a great buy, particularly as it was in the sale. It is linen and not lined so it is perfect for the Summer and the Spring months. It is a good length, a practicable colour and it can look smart for work, ideal for outdoor meetings and looks good for more casual weekend outfits. It can also be thrown in the washing machine as required and comes up as new.
 
As outerwear is so essential to my daily dressing I should really post pictures to show exactly what I have been wearing for outdoors and indoors. Now I just need to have a think about handbags too.

No comments:

Post a Comment