Sunday 21 August 2011

Day 224: Inspiration Sunday

I am joining in with Inspiration Monday, although yet again I am taking part on the weekend. Hosted by the lovely Megan and Nora at Two Birds Boutique, every Monday participants recreate or take inspiration from a celebrity look and this week the look belongs to Olivia Palermo.


Olivia 


Lori 

            • White top: Marks and SPencer
            • Black linen jacket: Marks and Spencer
            • Black shorts: Marks and Spencer
            • Sandals: Clarks
            • Clutch: Primark
            • Beads: Primark

From what I have seen, Olivia Palermo appears to be a right little madam, however there is no denying the girl's got style. I totally understand why Megan and Nora have picked this look however you can tell by how uncomfortable I look that this style is just not for me. Shorts? Are you crazy?

I've spent most of this weekend out on the bike so for the most have been in cycling clothes. I have definitely caught the sun again and from the pinkness of my cheeks I think I need to rethink the factor of my suntan lotion!

6 comments:

  1. don't be so hard on yourself...you look great in shorts! this outfit is fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a great blazer with shorts! I think you did a fantastic job with this challenge...wonder if you would have felt more comfortable had you gone ALL out...like even did the same type of make-up as Olivia? I've noticed in times when I've made the make-up more dramatic I looked and felt the part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what i love about this look is that everyone's interpretations are dead on and are so chic you can wear them for any occasion, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it on you!! You have great legs girl! Dawn suitcase Vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pulled all the pieces of this look together perfectly! The fun of the whole thing is to style it our way.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how you interpreted the look- those shorts are the perfect look and I love the linen jacket- very elegant! As far as suntan lotion goes, I'm a 75 spf kind of gal (darn Irish blood!)

    ReplyDelete