Wednesday 3 August 2011

Day 206: To buy or not to buy


            • Dress: Marks and Spencer
            • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
            • Cardi: Marks and Spencer
            • Wedges: Clarks
            • Beads: Primark

I was out of the office for most of the day delivering a presentation to one of the organisations we work with. The weather was good and it was a fairly informal event so this outfit was fine for the occasion. This dress looks a lot shorter and almost like a tunic than than when I wore it last as a dress with no layer underneath. It must have shrunk a bit in the wash or maybe it was a tad indecent when I wore it last?

I popped in to a shop in my lunch hour and before I knew it I found myself with a handful of dresses in the changing rooms. I came so close to buying one of them and it was torturous. I was having a full on row with myself in the changing room, alternatively telling myself just to get it one minute and then trying to talk myself out of it the next. I ended up leaving with nothing which I am sure was the right decision but it will be interesting to see if I have pangs of longing over the next few days for that dress I, for one moment, felt I could not live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment