Monday 8 August 2011

Day 211: Festival fun


            • Flowery blouse: George @Asda
            • Navy cardi: Marks and Spencer
            • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
            • Silver pump: Primark

It feels a bit like the whole world has stopped for a holiday, except me. There is about one third of the staff in my office at work and the telephone is hardly ringing and the inbox is spookily quiet.

It is Festival time in Edinburgh which means as soon as you step outside the door (home or office) you are bombarded with people on holiday going to shows, coming from shows, promoting shows or starring in shows, all not at work. It is impossible to explain just how huge the Edinburgh Festival is, how many people descend on the city for the three weeks and just how mad Edinburgh gets. Some years I embrace it and get involved and other years I skulk around trying not to let it disrupt my life too much. It is 5 days in and I haven't yet made up my mind whether I'm going to be a party animal or a party pooper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment