Friday 12 August 2011

Day 215: Cracked it


              • Green T: Debenhams
              • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
              • Cardi: Gap
              • Boots: Clarks
              • Beads: Primark

It is Fashion Beauty Friend Friday again and it has been quite some time since I participated so it is good to be back. There have been a few changes to the set up of the group and how it works and I must confess I have got a little lost with where things are at. I think I may be missing some of the emails so I will need to check I am on the right lists and make more effort myself to keep in touch with the group.

Kendra from Thrifty and Shameless is hosting and the theme today is creative manicures.

I have talked before of how I am a near reformed nail biter who is prone to lapses. When my nails are good I love to wear nail varnish and I am experimental in my colour choices. This year I have bought more polish and tried different colours since I am on a year long shopping ban as it has been a way of buying something new which can jazz up my outfits. I have had professional acryllics and I have posted about Sparkly polish, my experience of a Shellac manicure and how the Shellac lasted.

I was keen to try the new crackle effect polish and last week when browsing at the makeup counter one lunchtime I decided to give it a try. I didn't want to spend a fortune as I wasn't sure if I would like it and it isn't really an every day look. I worked out that the key was to get a crackle color which contrasts with the base colour but unfortunately there was little choice and even fewer colours. I picked the black as I knew it would contrast with every colour I own but it is still a pretty bold statement. Rather than starting out and doing a full manicure and finishing with the crackle polish I decided to try it out on top of this mink coloured shade I was already wearing. The finish isn't entirely perfect but with a bit of practice I think it will work quite well and am keen to see how it looks with different shades underneath. I think the black and mink together creates a look which is reminiscent of leopard print.


 

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the effect. A manicure is something I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look phenomenal! Those colors are perfect together!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not yet tried the crackled nail polish look but definitely would like to! I like this outfit, it is simple and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the black crackle is my favorite out of all the 'crackle' family because it completely contrasts with any color that you pair it with.

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete