Friday 21 January 2011

Day 12: Booooots!




          • Brown cardigan: Gap
          • White long sleeved T: Marks and Spencer
          • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
          • Boots: Monsoon

We don't have a casual friday at work but generally the dress code seems slightly more relaxed as does the atmosphere in the office. A number of colleagues work part time and aren't in at the end of the week so the office is usually quieter and there are few meetings with external visitors. Jeans are quite often the uniform of choice, particulalry if the boss is out for the day. I chose jeans today so I could rock my boots!

So, as you can obviously tell I am rather excited about these boots. I bought them in the post Christmas sales from Monsoon and they were 70% off and they are beautiful. I have been waiting since the beginning of the year to wear them but today was the first day that I felt confident there wouldn't be any rain. They are a gorgeous brown suede and there is no way I am going to get them wet. Edinburgh is historically quite a dry place, particularly in comparison with Scotland's west coast, where I have spent a lot of time. Whilst there can be a biting easterly wind an umbrella used to not need a permanent home in my bag, which was a necessity living in Glasgow. These days there seems to be more rain and an umbrella has become a core every day accessory. Maybe it was that the snow around Christmas took so long to shift, so the pavements were wet and slushy, or maybe wating for a dry day made the weather seem wetter but today was the first day I could safely wear them this year. It's been a long wait! Bring on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment