Saturday 22 January 2011

Day 13: In Vogue



                       

            • Beige cowl necked top: Gap
            • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
            • Cream Cardigan: H&M
            • Grey shoe boots: Marks and Spencer
            • Grey knitted beret: H&M

I picked up a copy of Vogue when I was out today and I'm looking forward to reading it over the week. I don't buy it every month but when I do I savour it and keep it for future reference. This month's has a Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk guide so I am hoping that my wardrobe is not completely bereft of any of the season's key looks and that I can remix my outfits to look on trend. I will report back.

I am loving these shoe boots but haven't worn them much since I bought them. They are a soft grey suede look material with a patent leather heel and button. I have been searching for shoe boots after being inspired by Boutique Girl's fabulous Armani Exchange boots over at Things a Boutique Owner Sees which I first saw on her site back in October 2009, so I assume they are no longer available as I haven't been able to track them down. I have been on a constant look out for shoe boots which are low at the front with a manageable heel and this has been a harder quest than you might imagine as so many have very high spindly heels. These ones are not quite as low at the front as I would like them but I snapped them up as were pretty close to what I was looking for and I have no regrets.

The grey knitted beret was masking a bad hair day today although I may have created the phrase 'a bad hat day' which is a shame because I love my hats. Normally my instinct is normally to be very matchy matchy (see Day 10) so mixing in the grey with the beige is a bit of a departure for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment