Friday 14 January 2011

Day 5: Lights, Camera, Action

            

        • Dress: Monsoon
        • Cardigan: East
        • Plum coloured tights: Bhs
        • Shoes: Marks and Spencer

I was invited to a film showing for one of our projects so wanted to wear something a bit more glamourous to work today. Even though the showing was late morning and the average age of those in attendance must have been over 70 I was happy with the outfit.

The cardigan was a must as it is too cold to go outside without extra layers. I originally had on black tights with this but felt that the look was just too black and although I have lots of patterend tights, as the dress has some detail, I didn't want to detract from that. I used to nearly always wear black clothes, particularly when I was at University, but made a concious effort a number of years ago to introduce more colour in to my wardrobe. I found the process of not always going for the black option really hard but seeing myself in this today made me realise that I must have broken the cycle. Head to toe black just didn't feel right. Don't get me wrong I still love black and feel that at times you can't go wrong with rocking the full look but maybe it should mainly be consigned to cocktail hour - we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment