Friday 4 March 2011

Day 54: Beauty's only skin deep


              • Jeans: Matalan
              • Black lst: Matalan
              • Black shoes: Marks and Spencer

I had a day off work today and since I jumped full on into weekend mode there was only one option - jeans. I included a pair of jeggings and a pair of smart grey jeans in my 30 for 30 items but there are days when you just want to pull on a pair of comfy slouchy jeans and boy have I have missed them.

It is Fashion Beauty Friend Friday again and this week we are talking Beauty products. There is no doubt that I like my beauty products and make up but I don't get as turned on by them as I do about clothes. I have sensitive skin so have to be careful with what I use and I don't have many products which I swear by as I enjoy trying and experimenting with lots of new looks.

1. What's your favourite drug store product makeup and your favorite highend product?

I often go for Rimmel makeup if I want to try out a new lipstick or nail varnish colour as it is great value. Lancome foundation has never let me down but I don't use it to the exclusion of other brands.

 2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
I can't leave the house without lip balm, be that a slick of gloss or some vaseline but it really is an essential.

3. What's the best hair product you've ever used?
My hair is prone to be oily so I tend to change my hair products quite regularly to prevent build up. I have tried all types of products to reduce the grease, to inject some volume and add shine however when all is said and done I still get great results from Boots Essential shampoo and it only costs 60p!!!!!
 
4. What's the worst beauty look you've tried and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?
I have never been scared of experimenting with my hair and its been long, short, straight, curly, blonde and brunette and there haven't been many all out disasters, I don't think. The perms were in the 80s when that was the style du jour so I honestly don't regret those looks, honestly. I have had a few brassy moments during my blonde days and a professional colourist rather than an at home dye job could have saved the locks from that fate. The bowlcuts were done to me and not my choice but I must confess I do look kinda cute. By aged eleven, however they weren't quite so adorable? I shouldn't have cut my dad out of this shot - heelloo Mr Sideburns!!
 
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
Most days I wear black liquid eye liner and sometimes I go for the full cats eye look and othertimes just an understated slash. When my nails are good, ie when I am not going through a phase of nailbiting, I always have them painted and the vampier the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment