Friday 11 March 2011

Day 61: Finding the blogging balance


              • Navy lst: Matalan
              • Pink cami: Marks and Spencer
              • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
              • Grey cardi: Gap
              • Boots: Ugg Australia
              • Navy becklace: East (gift)

With hindsight this outfit was probably a tad too casual for work, however it is Friday and a slightly more casual look seems to be accepted. I also learned a hard lesson yesterday by getting carried away with incorporating the red pump in to my outfit and not really taking note of the weather before leaving the house. The weather was awful, very cold and when it wasn't raining it was sleeting. The forecast for today predicted more snow and whilst it didn't come I was fully prepared, taking no chances after yesterday's cold, wet feet.

It is Fashion Beauty Friend Friday again and today's topic is Finding the blogging balance. We are looking at how bloggers find time to do it all - blog, live, work and play.

1. When it comes to prioritising your life, in what place does blogging fall?
At the moment blogging is pretty high up my list of priorities and I am really enjoying it and finding it to be a really cathartic process. I am certainly not missing out on doing other things, although maybe I would have got back to to the gym if I hadn't started the blog!

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
I have a bit of a blogging routine going so the process of taking photos, uploading and formatting is now a pretty slick process unlike at the beginning. As I do OOTD posts and am blogging about my 1 wardrobe, 1 year, 365 looks challenge the basic structure of my blog pretty much writes itself so I don't have to spend a lot of time thinking of themes.

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?

I will occasionally put some thought in to my blog during my lunch break at work but I haven't really got any shortcuts. Although I have to post every outfit if I don't have time to blog I will sometimes store them up and write a few at a time. I always make the time to take my outfit picture daily.

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
I have only recently heard that such a thing exists and I am intrigued to find out what it is and whether it can be of use to me.

5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?

I would like my blog to look a bit fancier and I would like to jazz it up a bit and maybe go beyond the default templates. I would like to improve my photos so maybe investing in photoshop and then editing my pictures would improve the look of the blog. I would also like to write more as I do enjoy writing and some of my posts can be very brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment