Sunday 13 March 2011

Day 63: Black and brown leads to a frown


            • Cardigan: Gap
            • Black lst: Primark
            • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
            • Black boots: Clarks
            • Necklace: East

Just before I went to take the photograph the belt on this cardigan broke so I'm going to have to get out the sewing kit - baahh!

The stones and colours in this necklace are really lovely and although it is predominantly brown the fact that it has some black hues means I can wear it with black and brown which I think helps to tie those two colours together. Is it now acceptable to wear black and brown together? I think those old taboos of not mixing certain colours such as black and brown, black and navy are long gone although I still can't bring myself to pull together navy and black in the one outfit (unless it's indigo denim). I think if I am going to put myself out there I would be better to take the plunge with the colour blocking trends for Spring/Summer 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment