Monday 14 March 2011

Day 64: Pussy bows and purple



          • Grey trousers: Marks and Spencer
          • Purple cardigan: Marks and Spencer
          • Flowery blouse: George@ Asda
          • Black boots: Clarks
          • Ring: Matalan

The pussy bow of this blouse provides a nice detail that is professional yet feminine. This colour combination was a bit of a brave moment for me and I don't think I would have taken the plunge if I wasn't challenging myself to remix my wardrobe. It is not an obvious combination but I think it worked and someone complemented me on it too which is always lovely on a rainy Monday morning. It has definitely inspired me to continue to take risks. I also do not have a lot of patterened items as most are self coloured and I am generally pretty pleased with the impact a pattern can have on an outift.

The jewelled ring features a number of the colours in the outfit and as it is far too big for me I realised at lunchtime that it was gone from my finger. I wasn't too panicked as it is costume jewellery and only cost a couple of pounds but luckily one of my colleagues had spotted it on the office floor and was in the process of looking for its owner, so we were reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment