Friday 18 March 2011

Day 68: Last chances


              • Top: Florence + Fred @Tesco
              • Navy lst: Matalan
              • Jeggings: Marks and Spencer
              • Shoes: not shown

I had a day off today so last night came to visit my family for a couple of days and packed a small case of clothes for the weekend.

This top came along for the ride and quite frankly it was lucky it made the trip. I love the colours and the pattern but the shape is wrong. When I bought it, it had a gathered elasticated waist just above the purple section along the bottom but something about it wasn't right. The length seemed too short as the bottom stuck out like a frill and the section above ballooned out. I however, felt that it could be changed with a bit of at home tinkering and was convinced that I had the skills to do it. I removed the elastic but discovered that although the length was improved it was now completely shapeless and it was consigned to the back of the wardrobe. I decided to give it another go this weekend and it is still wrong. My mum, who is a much more profficient seamstress than me and actually has the knowhow rather than just the gungho attitude, agreed to look at it and see whether the elastic can be reinstated in a better way than before. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment