Wednesday 16 March 2011

Day 66: Buttons and bows



          • Black trousers: Marks and Spencer
          • Black cardi: East
          • Grey top: Dorothy Perkins
          • Black boots: Clarks
          • Earrings: Miss Selfridge

So here is an example of remixing a more casual item ie this button detail grey top in to my work wear. Although the look is undoubtedly smarter it is a lazy look and I knew I was going for an easy option this morning. Trying to salvage it from being a complete yawnfest I sought out some fancier earrings and uncovered these little cuties from the bottom of my jewellery box. I bought these some time ago and they were part of a set with a matching necklace. The necklace had a bow exactly the same design as the earrings but it was just too large and looked a bit clunky and the chain was really fussy. It was a double chain, one with much larger links and it really cheapened the set. I tried to improve the necklace by detaching one of the chains but it never looked right and I think it clouded my view of the earrings which I have never worn before today. I am glad I kept them as they are pretty and recived some compliments today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment