Sunday 8 May 2011

Day 119: Sunday Inspiration

This is what I love so much about Inspiration Monday. I would never have put together this look myself without being inspired by the look chosen by Megan and Nora at Two Birds Boutique . Every Monday participants recreate or take inspiration from a celebrity look and this week it is Nicole Richie. Again I'm a day early!



 Nicole Richie



                                                                  Lori

            • Flowery blouse: Marks and Spencer
            • Denim jacket: Gap
            • Grey trousers: New Look
            • Gladiator sandals: Primark
            • Sunglasses: Principles

With most of the looks I have participated in I have taken quite a literal approach but that just wasn't possible with this look as there was no way I was parading around in a floral romper suit. I have been meaning to get my denim jacket out of the very back of my wardrobe for quite some time but haven't yet got around to it. I actually haven't worn it in years and this gave me the push I needed and I was relieved to see it hasn't dated and looks as classic as it ever did.

These shoes are a major disappointment because whilst they look cute they are faulty as one of the ankle straps is too short and I can only buckle it if I can put up with cutting off all circulation to my foot. I just grabbed a pair when I was in Primark and bought them without trying them on. If there is a dodgy item on a rack or shelf then you can be assured I will be the unlucky fool who will buy them. Aarrggh! I would have taken them back but it would have cost more to return them travelling on the train than they actually cost!

11 comments:

  1. that's too bad about the shoes, because they are super cute! i love how you did the outfit with pants. they are super flattering, and the whole outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your version of this inspiration! you definitely still have the feel of it while keeping warm :) bummer about the shoes but they do look cute!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta interpretation. I chose to ignore the shoes and the jacket of which I own identical pieces. Like you, I want to recreate a look . . ."create" being the key. You look fabulous! Shoes can suck at times!!! I have very few that I am happy to own (for more than a week). ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought i commmented yesterday, but i guess it didn't work from my phone! anyways, what i said was that i love how you used pants for your version. these pants are super flattering on you! also, too bad about the shoes because they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I like the inspiration photo but I like your take on it even more! Very cute! You're right, the denim jacket is still super classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that I had to be more creative this week. I am not built for her exact look. She really did inspre me to go outside of the box, and I am glad. Your outfit turned out really cute! I love that you even wore the sunglasses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even with pants your look is great and suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire
    Thanks for your comment.
    Your romper is really cute and those shoes should go with almost any outfit - gotta love a wedge.
    love
    Lori xo
    http://loriswardrobeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kris
    Thanks for your comment.
    I definitely think its the taking part that counts and floral lace is an inspired alternative.
    However much I love shoes it it a constant battle of style over comfort I find.
    love
    Lori xo
    http://loriswardrobeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, I love this look on you. That pop of floral is so pretty. More color please...Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about the sandals. I love that you did a pants take on the outfit.
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete