- Pink jumper: Gap
- Leggings: Gap
- White t shirt: Next
- Scarf: Gap
- Necklace: Primark
- Boots: Clarks
We headed home today after packing up, doing a bit of shopping and taking some flowers to the cemetery. We stopped off en route at Loch Morlich near Aviemore to have a picnic where it was my Dad's turn to play Mario Testino. The only problem was he didn't have his glasses on so a couple of attempts didn't even have my legs in them! You can see the Cairngorms behind shrouded in mist and still with some snow - no wonder it is so chilly!
So the down side of coming home from a trip away, apart from it all being over, is the washing. As predicted I didn't need all of the items I took mainly due to the weather being showery and on the cold side, around 13C (56F) every day. Here is a reminder of what I took and I have highlighted in red the pieces I didn't wear.
- Outerwear - black fleece, cream and navy waterproof jacket, black linen blazer, stone coloured trenchcoat.
- Bottoms - blue jeans, blue jeggings, grey jeans, red jeans, black leggings, black skirt.
- Tops - pink camisole, black camisole, white t shirt, flowery t shirt, cream t shirt, white lst, black lst, stripey lst, pink jumper, beige jumper, black hooded top, grey cardi, white blouse.
- Dress - black maxi dress.
- Shoes - walking boots, black boots, silver pumps, tan cut out wedges.
- Accessories - pink and brown scarf, flowery scarf, grey scarf. Variety of necklaces and earrings.
So obviously I did take too much stuff with me but there was no predicting the weather and it's better to be over prepared than under prepared. I did actually wear the red trousers and silver pumps for a morning but changed when I left the house as needed something warmer. The hooded top, whilst never pictured was a great cover up when in the cottage and acted as a dressing gown too. Was there anything I wish I'd taken that I hadn't? No. Would I had left anything behind? Probably not however I didn't accessorise as much as I planned and actually only wore earrings twice. The two camisole tops were worn pretty much under everything I wore in an attempt to keep the cold at bay. All in all I was quite happy with my packing prowess!