Thursday 26 May 2011

Day 137: As luck would have it


            • Olive top: Gap
            • Black trousers: Marks and Spencer
            • Black camisole: H&M
            • Scarf: M&Co
            • Black boots: Clarks

I really like the shape of this top as it is a good length, fits well without being too tight and has a flattering seam detail which cups the bust but I have always had a problem with the olive colour. I hate the cop out of matching a colour with black as whilst you can just about get away with it is lazy and never makes the best of the colour. Looking for inspiration this morning I spotted this top and wanted to wear it but went for the easy option of black trousers. As I was about to leave the house I thought I should put on a scarf as there was a nip in the air. This was the first one that came to hand and I put it on without thinking too much about it and lo what a triumph. The colours match in so well that it almost detracts from the black trousers (which, I note, are looking far too long and need hemmed). I love it when an accidental choice ends in success!

No comments:

Post a Comment